1. Avoid swimming when the wind is blowing on-shore.|
2. Swim after noon or later in the day.
3. Avoid entering the water from the shoreline.
4. Swim in known less prone areas, or swim off the dock in deeper water.
5. Vigorously towel off immediately.
6. Perhaps put a blow up kiddie pool near the shore line for your toddlers
and maybe anchor a swim raft off shore in 4-6’ of water for the older kids.
7. Wear a rash guard.
8. Absent a rash guard suit try covering exposed skin as much as possible with a tight knitted fabric.
9. Anecdotal Prevention/Protection Strategies.
10. Don't feed the ducks!